There is no doubt that Leopard ist the most coveted and famous print in fahion world. Ever since Louis Vuitton introduced its uberfabulous Stephen Sprouse scarf, there has been a neverending hype around the wild animal print. Even I could not resist and got myself a beautiful pair of Christian Louboutin Leopard booties!
But in order to get the Leo look right, one has to follow certain rules:
1. Less is more. One piece of Leopard print is enough to accentuate any outfit. It is best to keep the rest of your outfit simple, for instance with neutral colours such as black, beige and brown.
2. Be subtle. If you´re not really into the brown/black version of Leopard prints, try a more low key option such as grey, beige or dark blue. You may feel more comfortable with these colours and the unusual print will allow you to freshen up your business wardrobe.
3. Invest in a good statement piece. This could be a nice skirt, a bag, shoes or a scarf. Pay attention to the details; it is important that the pattern is smooth and that you opt for high quality fabrics (e.g. silk, cashmere).
4. Don´t ever get yor animals mixed up. Leopards are not exactly friends with giraffes and zebras, and you will look like a fool if you try to make these patterns work together.
5. Red is always a good idea. Go ahead and try red lipstick or nail polish – Leopard mixes very well with red (think Louboutin Leo Pumps) and the combo looks extremly hot and sexy.
Jacket: Dolce & Gabbana
Skirt: Moschino Cheap & Chic
Shoes: Christian Louboutin